Glastonbury Town Manager receives praise and pay hike
Happy Saturday, Glastonbury! Here are the most important things happening in Glastonbury today.
Are you a local business owner or shopkeeper in Glastonbury? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. High: 72 Low: 56.
Here are the best stories in Glastonbury today:
Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Johnson Receives Salary Increase from City Council
At the September city council meeting, members voted to approve a 2% pay hike effective July 1, 2021 for Johnson and make a $ 7,500 contribution to the CEO’s retirement fund, the lawsuit says. -verbal of the meeting.
An amendment by Council member White Osgood to reduce the $ 7,500 to $ 5,000 failed by a 6-3 vote. The board voted 7-2 to approve the salary increase and make the contribution of $ 7,500.
In recent years, council has approved $ 5,000, but members felt that $ 7,500 was justified due to the “exceptional” year due to COVID-19, and the “city manager has done everything possible to respond to the crisis, “said the minutes of the meeting. “It’s a way for the City to thank you.
Council Chairman Thomas P. Gullotta noted that just days after the operation Johnson made sure homes concerned about the flooding had services in place, according to meeting minutes.
Today in Glastonbury:
- The key to happiness: a meditation class (10:00 am)
Glastonbury Patch Notebook
- CT River Valley Room: “Our chamber networking programs are awesome! Yesterday we welcomed the fall season with another unique and inspiring thematic ‘leaping in the leaves’ session focused on relationship building with engaging conversations. Our open network …” (Facebook)
- CT River Valley Room: “Win Enterprises, LLC, is an international team of consultants, mentors and business advisors, with their management team based in Simsbury, CT. They are guided by their proven and proprietary frameworks, approaches and methodologies …” ( Facebook )
- Glastonbury SMU: ” , (Facebook)
- Welles-Turner Memorial Library: “The Best of Hartford vote is now open! Let’s make sure everyone knows that Welles-Turner is the best library around! Follow the link below and click on the green “Vote” button. ” (Facebook)
- Villari Martial Arts from Glastonbury CT: “🐲 Help us welcome our new little dragon, Tharun! 🐲 She was an absolute rockstar in her first class‼‼ ️ #LittleDragon, #Rockstar, #Villaris Achieve GOALS, Achieve POTENTIAL, Achieve EXCELLENCE! VillariStudios .com “(Facebook)
- Glastonbury Family YMCA: Flashback Friday – Basketball registration for Fall 2 session is ongoing. Classes begin November 5, 2021 and fill up quickly. (Facebook)
- CT River Valley Room: “New to the House, Yours Personally (YP Gift) offers our clients the ability to personalize and celebrate life events, religious and non-religious, from birth to bereavement. Their business is to provide thoughtful services and … “(Facebook)
- CT River Valley Room: “Here are the latest updates from the CT River Valley Chamber. Https://conta.cc/3u6rZSg” (Facebook)
- Glastonbury Mathnasium: “Did you know that trees are natural fractals? It’s true. As they grow from the base, they show similar patterns on smaller and smaller scales. This is a property called “self-similarity” or “expanding symmetry”. MathInNat … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start this Saturday on the right foot! See you tomorrow for another update. If you are feeling these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Brian mccready
About me: I have been Patch Regional Manager for the 76 Connecticut hyperlocal sites since June 2014.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Glastonbury Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at [email protected]