Man City’s Benjamin Mendy arrives at his home at the mansion as he is released on bail after being charged with seven counts of rape
MANCHESTER City star Benjamin Mendy was seen returning home today after being released on bail ahead of her rape trial.
The left-back, 27, has been remanded in custody since his first court appearance in August.
He had spent Christmas in Strangeways High Security Prison after being transferred from HMP Altcourse Category B Prison.
But Mendy, who is charged with seven counts of rape and one of sexual assault against five women over the age of 16, has now been released on bail.
The ace was pictured leaving Chester Crown Court in a yellow and green prison jumpsuit this afternoon.
Handcuffed, the guards took him to a prison van where he was briefly returned to Strangeways.
He was then seen driving home in a black Mercedes.
Judge Patrick Thompson released him in a private hearing today, but imposed a list of “onerous” conditions.
He must surrender his passport and make no contact with the complainants.
Mendy is also due to stay in his £ 4.8million mansion.
He was ordered to live in his six bedroom house in Prestbury, Cheshire.
He bought the property from cricketer Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff in 2018. He has a gym, two swimming pools and his own indoor football pitch, where he once played with his City Raheem colleagues. Sterling and Riyad Mahrez.
In October, Mendy was denied bail by a judge in a 50-minute hearing. This was Mendy’s third bail application.
Mendy spent 134 days in jail after breaking his bail conditions following his arrest on suspicion of multiple sexual offenses.
He will then appear at Chester Crown Court on January 24 before a tentative trial date of June 27.
Co-accused Louis Saha Matturie, 40, is charged with six counts of rape and sexual assault.
It comes after Mendy was charged last month with a seventh count of rape.
The new offense concerns a new complainant and is said to have taken place in July of this year.
Mendy was already facing six counts of rape against four women when the new charge was added.
One of them was carried out on August 23 – just three days before he was charged, it is said.
This is the second rape Mendy is said to have committed while on bail by police after his arrest in November.
Mendy is also accused of raping a woman three times at Cheshire Mansion in October 2020.
The footballer allegedly sexually assaulted a woman in early January 2021.
Premier League champions Man City spent £ 49.2million to sign Mendy for the French side of Monaco in 2017.
He last played for the club on August 15 in their 1-0 loss to Tottenham at the start of the season.
In September 2020, City boss Pep Guardiola revealed that Mendy would be out of the game for at least a month due to injury.
In a statement, the club said: “Manchester City can confirm that after being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.
“The matter is the subject of legal proceedings and the club are therefore not in a position to make any further comments until these proceedings are completed.”