Prince Albert of Monaco appears in public without Princess Charlene
Prince Albert II was pictured earlier today at the start of the 60th Monte Carlo TV Festival without his wife Princess Charlene.
The princess, 43, traveled to South Africa earlier this year where she has a wildlife foundation.
The former South African Olympian was due to return to Monaco for the Principality’s Grand Prix which took place on May 26, where she was the guest of honor. However, royal officials said the princess was unable to travel because she had an infection in her ears, nose and throat.
Prince Albert II of Monaco, left, was pictured next to Darren Star who received the Monte Carlo TV Festival’s Golden Nymph Award for his role in creating prominent shows such as Sex in the City and Beverly Hills 90210
Princess Charlene, pictured, spent several months in South Africa promoting her wildlife foundation
Prince Albert flew to South Africa with their two children, the twins Princess Gabriella and the Hereditary Prince Jacques.
When did Princess Charlene travel to South Africa and when was she last seen with her husband?
January 27 – Charlene is pictured with Albert for the Sainte DÃ©vote ceremony in Monaco.
March 18 – Charlene is pictured at the memorial to the late Zulu monarch, King Goodwill Zwelithini at the KwaKhethomthandayo Royal Palace in Nongoma, South Africa
April 2 – Charlene posts an Instagram photo of her, Albert and their twins Jacques and Gabriella for Easter.
It is not known where the image was taken.
May 8 – Albert, Jacques and Gabriella attend a Grand Prix event in Monaco
May 10 – Albert attends the Monaco Gala Awards in Monaco
May 18 – Charlene shares her first photo from her conservation trip to South Africa
June 1 – Prince Albert II, Jacques and Gabriella attend an event at the Oceanic Museum of Monaco
June 3 – New photos emerge of Charlene on her conservation trip
June 5 Charlene takes a united front by sharing a photo with her family to mark her niece’s fifth birthday with her brother’s family and Albert and the twins. We don’t know where the photo was taken
The prince, 63, was embroiled in a paternity scandal after a woman, who cannot be named on legal grounds, claimed the royal was the father of her 15-year-old daughter.
The palace was forced to comment on the fate of the princess ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix, which she was due to attend with Albert.
In a statement released at the time, the Royal Palace said: “While traveling to the African continent as part of a wildlife conservation mission, SAS Princess Charlene contracted an ENT infection which did not allow her not to travel.
âUnfortunately, she will not be able to attend the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix. SAS Princess Charlene sends her best wishes to the Automobile Club de Monaco, organizer of the event, as well as to the drivers and teams involved in this great motor racing. ‘
Instead, the prince attended alone with their children.
The 63-year-old prince, who already has two illegitimate children, is said to have had a relationship with a Brazilian woman who gave birth to a daughter in 2005.
The complaint, which his lawyers dismissed as a “hoax”, is particularly painful as he was dating Charlene at the time, having met the former Olympic swimmer in 2000.
The 34-year-old claimant – who cannot be named for legal reasons – says she had a passionate affair with Albert, which led to the birth of their daughter – whose name is also on file – on July 4, 2005.
Albert received a handwritten letter from the child, who is now 15, in September of last year: “I don’t understand why I grew up without a father, and now that I have found you, you don’t want to not see me. ‘
Legal documents were also filed, as the plaintiff’s attorneys asked Albert to undergo a DNA test – just as he did before he was finally identified as the father of two illegitimate children born in the 1990s and the early 2000s.
In January, Charlene spoke publicly for the first time since the allegations, telling Point de Vue: âWhen my husband has problems, he tells me about it. I often tell him, “No matter what, no matter what, I am a thousand percent behind you. I will support you whatever you do, in good or bad times.”
She has not been pictured in Monaco with her husband since the end of January and she is said to have traveled to South Africa in mid-March.
The mother-of-two went on to say that she also often told her husband that she would “protect” him and that she would “always be by his side”.
Charlene, who grew up in South Africa and represented the country at the Sydney Olympics in 2000, visited Thanda Safari in KwaZulu-Natal to learn more about the actions of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation in Africa. South to help save rhinos from poachers.
The princess has participated in conservation operations including rhino surveillance and tracking, deployment with the anti-poaching unit, educational wildlife photography sessions, and a white rhino dart and dehorning exercise.
Princess Charlene of Monaco, who has not been seen in the principality since the start of the year, took to Instagram to share a sweet photo of herself and her family
The royal, 43, stood together with her six-year-old twins and husband Albert, 63, as the family gathered for a birthday cake with Charlene’s brother Sean Wittstock, 37, his wife Chantell, 34, their eldest son Raigen, 7 and the birthday girl
Passionate: Charlene, who grew up in South Africa and represented the country at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, visited Thanda Safari in KwaZulu-Natal to learn more about what the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation is doing in South Africa to help save the rhinos.
Fly solo! Her husband, Prince Albert, continued his public duties with their children, taking them to the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco on Monday (pictured)
Last public outing together: Charlene and Albert were last photographed together in January during the Sainte DÃ©vote ceremony in Monaco. On April 2, she shared a photo alongside her husband Prince Albert and their children Jacques and Gabriella to mark Easter, although it is not known where it was taken.
Prince Albert walked out to the Monaco Grand Prix on May 22 in Monte Carlo without his wife, Charlene, after an “infection” prevented him from returning from South Africa
Photos of Princess Charlene with the animals and rangers were shared on Instagram.
âThis whole experience moved me,â Charlene said.
“I connected with amazing people and spoke to local trackers and anti-poaching units who all have an incredible passion for protecting our rhinos and the environment.”
She continued, âIt filled me with immense joy to reconnect with the African people and spirit. I was fascinated to learn more about the history and culture of the region.
âHow fitting to rediscover my love for Africa in a place aptly named Thanda, which means ‘love’ in the Zulu language! ”