Prince Albert of Monaco visits Princess Charlene with their twins after months of separation
Prince Albert of Monaco has finally reunited with his wife Princess Charlene in South Africa after a separation of several months.
The princess, who underwent major corrective surgery 12 days ago, went to Instagram on Wednesday to post a series of portraits featuring her beaming alongside her husband and their 6-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques.
Sources said People magazine that the family vacation to the Kwa-Zulu Natal region began on August 20 and “will last for several days.”
“I’m so thrilled to have my family with me again,” the 43-year-old captioned the photos with a heart-shaped emoji.
Charlene also mentioned her daughter’s striking haircut, which may have been inspired by her mother’s much shorter haircut.
PRINCESS CHARLENE OF MONACO HOPES TO LEAVE SOUTH AFRICA BY THE END OF OCTOBER AS A RUMORS SPLIT ROCK PALACE
“Gabriella decided to have her hair cut !!!” shared Charlene. “Sorry Bella, I did my best to fix it.”
Some of the pictures showed Albert, 63, wearing a t-shirt that supported his rhino conservation efforts. The couple were also pictured kissing.
The outlet noted that the visit marks the first time the family has reunited since Albert and the children visited Charlene in early June.
Charlene first arrived in May for what was supposed to be a brief trip to her home country. However, she was unable to return to Monaco – by order of the doctor – due to a previous ENT infection which became infected. As a result, he was prohibited from flying at approximately 20,000 feet. The princess also required several repair operations.
The royal used her time in South Africa to raise awareness about wildlife conservation.
PRINCESS CHARLENE EXPLAINS THE COMPLICATIONS OF SURGERY THAT KEEPS HER SEPARATE FROM PRINCE ALBERT, KIDS
Charlene recently told South Africa Radio 702 host Mandy Wiener that she was “in a game of waiting” to be with her family and that she is expected to leave the country by the end of October. The princess stressed that she “cannot force a cure” as previously quoted by People magazine.
“I cannot force the cure, so I will be locked up in South Africa until the end of October,” Charlene said, noting that she was due to have another medical procedure.
“I feel good, I feel good,” she added.
Still, Charlene admitted that being away from her husband and their twins made the ordeal more difficult.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
At the end of June, Charlene announced that she was forced to miss her 10th birthday with Albert due to additional surgery. It didn’t take long for the split to spark rumors of an impending split. Alleged sources France’s match in Paris that Charlene has “no plans to return” for Bunte from Germany claimed Charlene was looking for a house near Johannesburg.
Rumors escalated when Albert attended the Tokyo Olympics solo despite the prince being a longtime member of the International Olympic Committee. Charlene is also a former Olympic swimmer.
In June, Charlene told People magazine in a statement that she was optimistic about the future.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“My daily conversations with Albert and my children help me a lot to keep my spirits up, but I miss their presence a lot,” she said. “I can’t wait for us to be together.”
The famous athlete married Grace Kelly‘s son on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a spectacle, costing around $ 70 million for the four-day event. They welcomed twins in 2014.
Their planned public anniversary has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.