Princess Charlene “burst into tears” after her marriage to Prince Albert: “overwhelming” | Royal | New


The 43-year-old royal returned to Monaco from South Africa this month after her long battle with an illness. Upon arrival, the princess said she was “happy” to reunite with Albert, 63, and their twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, both six years old. After returning to Monaco, Charlene was admitted to an establishment outside the principality for treatment. Albert revealed last week that his wife suffered “from exhaustion, both emotional and physical”.

His treatment is expected to last several weeks, the sovereign prince of Monaco told People magazine.

During Charlene’s six-month stay in South Africa, she underwent several corrective surgeries after being struck by an infection in her ears, nose and throat.

The princess’ stay outside Monaco meant she missed her 10-year wedding anniversary with Albert in June.

The couple have both denied reports that their marriage is in trouble and Charlene’s health issues are due to personal issues between the couple.

Charlene has previously denied reports of relationship issues, revealing how such claims “overwhelmed” her on her wedding day as she “burst into tears.”

JUST IN: Meghan Markle’s awkward moment with Gary Barlow after she thought he was joking – “Seriously!

Speaking to the Sunday Times in 2013, the princess explained why she was crying as she married Albert two years earlier.

She said: “It was all so overwhelming and there were all mixed emotions because of the rumors.

“Obviously all this tension built up and I burst into tears [immediately after the ceremony].

“And then I burst into tears again because I was like, ‘Oh no, now the whole world has seen me cry’.”

Before the royal nuptials, a whirlwind of reports claimed Charlene had been a “runaway bride”.

She said: “It has been such a wonderful three days.

“Even months later I was getting flashbacks and I was like, ‘Oh, my God, did I really play the Eagles at my wedding? I think back and wonder how we managed to achieve this.

This week, Page Six reported that Charlene was “almost dead” while in South Africa.

The news site said it spoke to friends of the princess, who said the Monaco royal family downplayed the seriousness of her condition.

A source told the outlet: “It is unfair that she is portrayed as having some sort of mental or emotional problem.

“We don’t know why the palace is playing down the fact that she almost died in South Africa.”


Comments are closed.