Princess Charlene is back to her royal duties in Monaco, but she missed a family trip to Disneyland
At the end of last month, Monaco Princess Charlene resumed his royal duties after more than a year due to illness and a prolonged convalescence. During her absence, her husband Prince Albert highlighted how his illness encouraged him to be a more active parent to the couple’s seven-year-old twins, Prince James and Princess Gabriella. Charlene is back to select public events, but it appears the 64-year-old head of state is interested in maintaining his parental involvement.
According to People, Albert took a trip to Disneyland Paris with Jacques and Gabriella, but Charlene did not participate. Photos from a recent family trip celebrating the park’s 30th anniversary show the prince and his two children posing with Minnie and Mickey outside Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Last month, Charlene shared a new family photo, and the events she attended were some of the biggest on the Monegasque calendar. With her husband Prince Albert and seven-year-old twins Prince James and Princess Gabriella, she appeared at the Monaco E-Prix World Championship races on April 30, wearing a sleek gray AKRIS suit and Christian Louboutin shoes.
On May 2, she also joined the family at another public engagement, the Sainte Devoté Rugby Tournament, organized by her charity, the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation. The tournament was founded in 2009, and this year’s event was the first since 2019, as the pandemic canceled events from the past two years.
In March, Charlene returned to Monaco after four months of treatment at a Swiss facility. Before that, she spent at least 8 months in South America after a serious ENT infection prevented her from flying. The mysterious nature of her prolonged illness has led French tabloids to speculate about the status of her marriage to Albert, although the prince has repeatedly said the couple are doing very well. Now that Charlene is back in Monaco, another round of speculation has been sparked in one of those tabloids, about the circumstances leading up to her return. Earlier this month, Here is claimed that Charlene only returned to her public duties after Albert agreed to pay her an allowance.
Subsequently, a source close to Charlene denied the claim that Page 6. “Of course she has a generous prenup, but Albert doesn’t have to pay her to stay,” the source said. “After being away for so long during her illness, Charlene is so happy to be back with Albert and the children. They spend every weekend at their country house. Albert fully supports Charlene and also helps her in his charities. When he is reached by the Daily Mail, the Prince’s Palace declined to discuss the family’s financial arrangements.
An interesting clue to the state of affairs at Monaco came on Charlene’s Instagram account, where she posted a handful of images from the rugby tournament. In one of the photos, she is kissing Jacques and Gabriella, and her engagement ring, a three-carat pear-shaped diamond designed by Parisian jeweler Repossi, was clearly visible on her hand. According to Daily Mail, Charlene stopped wearing the ring regularly in 2017, but as of this month, it looks like the ring is back. According to Page Six, she and Albert will make their next appearances together at a series of events marking the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix later this month.
To listen DYNASTY from Vanity Fair podcast now.