Princess Charlene Opened Up To ‘My Choice’ After Hair Change Drew “All Kinds Of Comments” | Royal | New
Princess Charlene of Monaco shares her “gratitude” for fundraising
Princess Charlene recently returned to Monaco after a six-month stay in South Africa. But before her trip marred by health concerns, the Monegasque princess had set the record straight on an issue which, she said in an interview, had elicited “all kinds of comments”.
In January, Charlene opened up about her latest haircut, a dramatic half-hawk style that she was first seen in public with in December 2020 at a Christmas tree ceremony at the Palais de Monaco.
After this hairstyle, unusual for a member of a royal family, was widely commented on and sometimes criticized around the world, Charlene opened up about her decision to adopt the style, which “I like”.
In an interview with the French magazine Point de Vue 11 months ago, she said: “Certainly, of all the members of the royal families, I am probably the one who has tried the most different hairstyles, and I will continue. is my choice.
“The remarks of ‘What the hell is she doing?’ and ‘But that’s not royal!’ – I know them all too well.
Princess Charlene of Monaco pictured in January 2020
Princess Charlene showed off her half-hawk hairstyle in December 2020
“And I have nothing to tell them, except that it is 2021 and in these troubling, difficult times, there are other much more important topics that deserve our attention.”
Charlene said her children, six-year-old twins Jaques and Gabriella, enjoyed her new hairstyle.
She said: âWhat matters is that Jacques and Gabriella love to see their mother with her new style.
Apparently acknowledging that this haircut was a bit of a shock to Prince Albert at first, Charlene said: “And after the initial surprise has worn off, the prince has understood and now loves her too.”
READ MORE: Sussexes hit by ‘devastating’ reaction in France
Princess Charlene with her son Jacques
Princess Charlene has recently caused huge concern among her fans.
In May, she traveled to South Africa to do conservation work with her foundation and raise awareness of the cruel practice of rhino horn poaching.
While she was supposed to stay in the country, she only grew up a few days, she finally stayed until the beginning of November after being hit by a serious ENT infection.
The infection, which had kept her from air travel for months, had developed following a sinus lift and bone grafting she had for dental implants.
DO NOT MISS
Princess Charlene’s children holding signs supporting her on Monaco‘s National Day last week
Princess Charlene and Prince Albert got married 10 years ago
While in South Africa, Charlene underwent several procedures to get better – the last was on October 8.
A month later, she finally boarded Prince Albert’s private plane to Nice, where her family reportedly greeted her with a huge bouquet of flowers.
Charlene was then helicoptered to Monaco.
On the South African airport tarmac, minutes before her flight, Charlene thanked in a video the people who supported her during a “very difficult time”.
Monarchies in Europe
She said: âIt has obviously been a very difficult time to be here, but at the same time it has been wonderful to be back in South Africa.
âI want to thank the doctors in South Africa who have done a wonderful job helping me and I can’t wait to be reunited with my children.
“Thank you South Africa, thank you all and God bless you.”
A few days after Charlene returned home, it was revealed that the princess was being treated in an establishment “outside Monaco”.
Prince Albert spoke about his wife’s decision to seek treatment after returning to Monaco
Prince Albert has spoken of Charlene’s decision to seek medical attention, saying the princess is suffering from “profound exhaustion, both emotional and physical”.
Her return to Monaco, he told People magazine, “went pretty well the first few hours, then it became pretty obvious she wasn’t doing well.”
Responding to rumors that her marriage is in crisis, Albert said, âI’ll probably say it a few times, but it has nothing to do with our relationship.
“I want it to be very clear. These are not issues in our relationship; not with the relationship between a husband and wife. It is of a different nature.”
Albert explained that Charlene’s current condition is the result of “several factors which are private matters” and acknowledged that her extended stay in South Africa and her surgeries had had an impact on Charlene.
He added: “She was clearly exhausted, physically and emotionally. She was overwhelmed and could not cope with official duties, life in general or even family life.”