Princess Charlene’s last operation went “very well” – Royal Central
By brunifia – Flickr, CC BY 2.0
The last operation of Princess Charlene of Monaco for an infection of the ears, nose and throat went “very well”, according to the Prince’s Palace.
The Princess of Monaco was operated on Friday, October 8 in South Africa. This would be the last operation she will undergo before returning to Monaco.
The Prince’s Palace told the French press agency AFP on Saturday: “The princess underwent an operation on Friday which went very well. This operation under general anesthesia is the last operation she had to undergo after the ENT infection she had previously. She has now been under observation for 48 hours.
The Prince’s Palace has not said when Charlene will be able to return home, but in August she said she had hoped to return this month. She hasn’t been to Monaco since May when she flew to her home country of South Africa on a short 10-day conservation trip. During her stay, she developed a serious infection of the ears, nose and throat which required several surgeries and prevented her from returning home to Monaco.
Charlene underwent her third operation in August and was visited by Prince Albert and their twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella after the operation. She shared images on her Instagram account with her children, saying she was “delighted to find my family with me”.
Last month, the Princess of Monaco was rushed to hospital in Durban after collapsing. She has since recovered.
Princess Charlene’s long absence from Monaco has led to rumors of relationship issues with Prince Albert. The stories got so bad that Prince Albert vehemently denied rumors of a crisis in an interview with People magazine. He called the rumors “appalling” and that Charlene “did not leave Monaco angry!” She didn’t leave because she was angry with me or someone else. She was going to South Africa to reassess the work of her foundation there and take some time with her brother and some friends.